Friday 17 January 2014

นาฬิกาข้อมือ


TICKED OFF
              After a few beers down at the local, talk got to who had the most expensive watch. I showed mine first. “That’s a Rolex Oyster, worth $2500.”
My mate, John, smiled and proudly pointed to his wrist.

 

            “This is a white gold Patek Phillippe. I paid the best part of $20,000 for it.”
              Dave rolled up his sleeve to show his watch. “What do you think of that, then? It cost me $200,000.” Me and John stared a while then I said, “Dave, that’s a Casio.”
            “I know,” he sighed. “My ex-wife bought it for me, then found it in her sister’s bed.”

 

 

 

TICKED OFF แปลว่า piss off หรือกูฟิวส์ขาดแล้วนะ ( tick คือเสียงนาฬิกาติ๊กๆๆๆ  ดันเป็นแสลงว่า โมโห ไม่เข้าใจเหมือนกัน ว่ามาได้ไง แล้วมันเกี่ยวกับเรื่องนี้ได้อย่างไร )
              After a few beers down หลังจากเบียร์ผ่านลำคอไปได้สองสามแก้ว

 

at the local, ที่ผับข้างบ้าน

 

talk got to  เรื่องคุยก็มาอยู่ที่

 

 who had the most expensive watch. ใครมีนาฬิกาแพงที่สุด

 

I showed mine first. ผมโชว์ก่อนเป็นคนแรก

 

“That’s a Rolex Oyster, เนี๊ยะ โรเล๊ก อ๊อยสเต้อร์

 

worth $2500.”  ราคา สองพันห้าร้อยเหรียญ
My mate, นะเพื่อน

 

John, smiled   จอห์น ฉีกยิ้ม

 

 

 

 and proudly pointed to his wrist. แล้วก็ ยืดอก ชี้ไปที่ข้อมือ

 

            “This is a white gold มันต้องนี่ ทองคำขาว

 

 Patek Phillippe.  ปาเต๊กซ์ ฟิลลิป

 

 I paid the best part of $20,000 for it.”  กูจ่ายไปแก้เซ็ง สองหมื่นเหรียญเชียวนะ
              Dave rolled up his sleeve เดฟ พับแขนเสื้อขึ้นมา

 

to show his watch. เผยให้เห็นนาฬิกาข้อมือ

 

“What do you think of that, then? มึงรู้มั๊ยว่า นาฬิกาเรือนนี้ ราคาเท่าใหร่

 

 It cost me $200,000.”  ล่อกูไป สองแสนเหร๊ยญเชียวนะ

 

Me and John จอห์นกับผม

 

stared a while มองตากันอยู่ครู่หนึ่ง

 

then I said, จากนั้นผมก็พูดขึ้นว่า

 

 “Dave, that’s a Casio.” เดฟ นั่นมัน คาซิโอ้ นะ
            “I know,”  เออ กูรู้

 

 he sighed. ว่าแล้วก็ถอนหายใจเฮือกใหญ่

 

“My ex-wife bought it for me,  เมียเก่ากูซื้อให้

 

then found it in her sister’s bed.” จากนั้นก็ไปเจอมันในเตียงของน้องสาวเธอ

 

Joe Slowwalker

No comments:

Post a Comment