Saturday 19 September 2015

Stand by me

Life support
A Terminal ill man had been slipping in and out of a coma for several days with his loyal wife by his bedside.
One day, when he came to, he
motioned for her to come closer.
“Ethel,” he whispered weakly.
“You’ve been with me through all the hardest times of my life.
When I got fired from my job, you kept supporting me.
When my business failed, you were there.
When we lost the house, you stayed with me.
When I got shot, you were there staunching the blood.
When my health started failing, you were still there, never leaving my side.
You know what?”

“What, dear?” Ethel asked, squeezing his hand.
He spat, “ You’re a jinx!”






.............................
Life support
ไล๊ฟ์ ซัพพอร์ต ก็คือ เครื่องมือช่วยชีวิตคนไข้ตามโรงพยาบาล นอกจากนี้ยังแปลว่าคนที่ช่วยเหลือคุณยามยาก คนที่อยู่เคียงข้างคุณเมื่อคุณมีทุกข์ หรือ เหมือนชื่อเพลง stand by me ที่มีความหมายเหมือนกัน

A Terminal ill man ชายคนหนึ่งที่ป่วยหนักแบบไม่รอดแล้ว (Terminal ill อิล แปลว่าป่วย Terminal เทอรมิน๊อล ก็เหมือนกับหนัง Terminator  อารโนล ชว๊าสชนิ๊กเก้อร์ ที่ส่งมาฆ่า แบบนั้น )
had been slipping in and out เข็นเข้าเข็นออกตลอด  (slipping สลิ๊ปปิ้ง แปลว่าลื่น )
of a coma  จากห้องไอซียู
for several days เป็นเวลาสองสามวันมาแล้ว
with his loyal wife โดยมีภรรยาที่จงรักภักดี
 by his bedside. นั่งอยู่ข้างเตียงของเขา
One day,
วันหนึ่ง
 when he came to, ตอนที่เค้าได้สติ
 he motioned for her ก็กวักมือเรียกเธอ
(motioned for โมชั่น ฟอร์ แปลว่า ทำกิริยา หรือท่าทาง )
 to come closer. เข้ามาใกล้ๆ
“Ethel,”
เอ๊ทเท๊ล
he whispered weakly. เขากระซิบด้วยความอ่อนระโหยโรยแรง
“You’ve been with me
เธออยู่กับฉันตลอด
 through all ผ่านเหตุการณ์ สารพัด
the hardest times ตอนที่ฉันย่าแย่ที่สุด
of my life. ในชีวิต
When I got fired  อีตอนขั้นถูกไล่
 from my job, ออกจากงาน

you kept supporting me. เธอก็ช่วยให้กำลังใจฉัน
When my business failed, ตอนที่ธุรกิจฉันเจ๊ง
 you were there. เธอก็อยู่ด้วย (หมายถึงร่วมหัวจมท้าย )
When we lost the house, ตอนที่ฉันสูญเสียบ้านไป
you stayed with me. เธอก็ยังอยู่กับฉัน
When I got shot, ตอนฉันโดนยิง
you were there เธอก็อยู่ที่นั่น
staunching the blood. คอยคัดเลือดให้
When my health ตอนสุขภาพฉัน
started failing, ย่าแย่ลง
 you were still there, เธอก็ยังอยู่กับฉัน
 never leaving ไม่เคยหนีห่าง
 my side. จากข้างๆฉัน
You know what?” เธอรู้อะไรมั๊ย

“What, dear?” อะไรหรือที่รัก
Ethel asked, เอ๊ธเธ๊ลถาม
squeezing his hand. พร้อมกับบีบมือเขา
He spat,
ถุ๊ย

“ You’re a jinx!” เธอนั่นแหละเป็นตัวซวย
.........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment