Saturday 29 November 2014

คําสารภาพ


 

'Fessing around
An old man was on his deathbed, with his wife by his side. Knowing
he was fading fast, he
summoned his last ounce of
strength, grasped his missus’ hand in his own feeble one and looked her in the eye.
“Darling,” he wheezed. “I’m not
long for this earth. Please, let me go to my grave with my heart at ease.
I’ve always suspected there was something unusual about our fifth son, Harry. He’s clearly the black sheep of the family. Tell me the truth
— does he have a different father?”
Fighting to hold back her tears, the wife nodded.
The old man was silent for a
moment. He then asked grimly, “Who is Harry’s father?”
The wife burst into sobs. “it’s you!”
.......................................................................................................
'Fessing around คำนี้ หาไม่เจอในดิ๊คชั่นนารี่ เป็นคำที่คนเขียนเรื่องนี้ คิดขึ้นมาเอง ต้องเดาเอา น่าจะมาจาก confessing + sleep around คือสารภาพว่านอนกับใครไปทั่วปานนั้น
An old man
เฒ่าคนหนึ่ง
was on his deathbed, นอนแบบบนเตียงใกล้จะม่องเท่งแล้ว
with his wife by his side. มีภรรยานั่งอยู่ข้างๆ
 Knowing he was fading fast, รู้ตัวดีว่า เวลาของแกเหลือน้อยเต็มทน ( fading fast = เลือนหายไปอย่างรวดเร็ว)
 he summoned รวบรวม
his last ounce of strength รวบรวมความเข้มแข็งครั้งสุดท้าย
, grasped his missus’ hand
คว้ามือภรรยามา
in his own feeble one กุมด้วยมือเหี่ยวๆของแก
and looked her in the eye. แล้วก็จ้องตาเธอ
“Darling,”
ที่รัก
he wheezed. พูดด้วยเสียงแหบแห้ง( แบบในลครโทรทัศน์)
“I’m not long for this earth. ฉันคงอยู่ในโลกนี้ได้อีกไม่นานแล้ว
 Please, สงสารชั้นเถอะ
 let me ให้ฉัน
go to my grave ลงหลุม  (go to my grave แปลว่า ไปป่าช้า)
with my heart at ease. ด้วยความสบายใจ
I’ve always suspected
ฉันข้องใจมาตลอด
 there was something unusual ว่ามันต้องมีอะไรแทม่งๆ
 about our fifth son, เกี่ยวกับไอ้ลูกคนที่ห้าของเรา
 Harry. ไอ้แฮรรี่นะ
He’s clearly ไอ้นี่ เห็นได้ชัดเลยว่า
the black sheep เป็นแกะดำ
of the family. ของครอบครัว
Tell me the truth บอกฉันมาตรงๆว่า
— does he have
มันมีพ่อ
a different father?” เป็นคนอื่นใช่มั๊ย
Fighting to hold back
her tears, กลั้นนํ้าตาไว้ไม่ให้ใหลออกมาอย่างยากเย็น
the wife nodded. ภรรยาพยักหน้า
The old man was silent
ตาเฒ่าเงียบไป
for a moment. ครู่หนึ่ง
 He then asked grimly, จากนั้นก็ถามออกมาอย่างฉุนเฉียว
“Who is Harry’s father?” ใครเป็นพ่อ แฮรี่..หา
The wife burst into sobs.
ภรรยาปล่อยโฮออกมาอย่างกลั้นไม่อยู่
 “it’s you!” คุณนั่นแหละ

No comments:

Post a Comment