Thursday 25 December 2014

เฒ่าสารพัดพิษ

showing her age

BETTY decided to treat herself to a facelift on her 47th birthday. After the procedure, she liked what she saw in the mirror but, still feeling
a bit Insecure, needed some
validation from other people.
On the way home from the
hospital, she dropped into a dress shop and asked a sales assistant, "It sounds silly, but how old do you think I am?"
The assistant looked her over and said, "Oh... maybe about 37."
"I’m actually 47," Betty replied
happily and floated out of the shop.
Next, she went to Macca’s for
lunch and asked the lad at the
counter the same question.
"Urn... I think you look about 27."
"I’m actually 47!" beamed Betty.

Waiting at the bus stop, she turned to an elderly man and asked, "Excuse me, sir, how old do I look to you?"
The man replied, "I’m 85 and I bet I can tell your exact age. My method never fails. All you have to do is let me put my hand up your skirt. If I get your age wrong, I will pay you $500."
Betty was sceptical but seeing that no-one was around, she let the old man stick his hand up her skirt.
After a long feel, he removed his hand, sniffed it and nodded sagely. "Yep, you are 47 years old."
Betty was astounded. "How do you know that?"
The old man said, "I was standing in line behind you at Macca’s!"
..............................................................................

 

showing her age ประโยคเต็มๆคือ showing off her age แปลว่าอวดอายุ

BETTY decided เบ๊ตตี้ ตัดสินใจ

to treat herself to เข้ารับการจัดการเรื่อง

a facelift หน้าเด้ง ( อกฟู รูฟิตหรือเปล่าไม่ได้บอกไว้)

on her 47th birthday. ตอนอายุครบรอบ 47 ปี

After the procedure, หลังจากผ่านกรรมวิธี

she liked หล่อนก็ชอบ

what she saw in the mirror ที่หล่อนเห็นในกระจก

but, still feeling แต่ก็ยังรู้สึก
a bit Insecure,
ไม่มั่นใจอยู่นิดหน่อย

needed some validation ยังต้องการคํารับรอง ( validation = approve )

from other people. จากคนอื่น
On the way home from the hospital,

 

 

 

ระหว่างทางออกจากโรงพยาบาลกลับบ้าน

 

 

she dropped into หล่อนแวะเข้าไปใน

a dress shop ร้านขายเสื้อผ้า

 

 

 

 

 

 

and asked แล้วก็ถาม

a sales assistant, พนักงานขาย

"It sounds silly, มันรู้สึกว่าจะไร้สาระไปหน่อย ( คําถามนี้)

but แต่ว่า

how old do you think I am?" คุณคิดว่าชั้นอายุเท่าใหร่


The assistant looked her over พนักงานขายมองหล่อนไปมา

and said, แล้วก็บอกว่า

"Oh... maybe about 37." โอ้...ประมาณสามสิบเจ็ดมั๊ง


"I’m actually 47," จริงๆแล้วฉันอายุสี่สิบเจ็ด

Betty replied เบ๊ตตี้ ตอบ
happily
ดีใจ

and floated และก็ตัวลอย

out of the shop. ออกมาจากร้าน
Next,
ต่อมา

she went to Macca’s หล่อนก็เข้าไปใน เม๊กกะ ( Macca’s แฟรนไช ร้านอาหารเจ ของ ควีนส์แลนด์)

for lunch เพื่อที่จะรับประทานอาหารกลางวัน

and asked the lad แล้วก็ถามไอ้หนุ่ม

at the counter ที่เค้าวน์เตอร์

the same question. ด้วยคําถามเดียวกัน
"Urn... อ้าอึมม

I think you look about 27." ผมคิดว่าคุณดูแล้วประมาณ ยี่สิบเจ็ดครับ


"I’m actually 47!" จริงๆแล้วชั้นอายุ สี่สิบเจ็ดแล้ว

beamed Betty. ยิ้มแก้มปริ ( สดชื่นเหมือนยืนอยู่บนเนินเขาปานนั้น)

Waiting at the bus stop, ระหว่างรอคอยรถเมล์

she turned to หล่อนหันไปทาง

an elderly man ตาแก่คนหนึ่ง

and asked, แล้วก็ถามว่า

"Excuse me, sir, ขอโทษนะคะ คุณลุง

how old do I look to you?" คุณลุงว่าชั้นดูอายุเท่าใหร่คะ
The man replied,
ตาแก่ตอบว่า

"I’m 85 ผมอายุแปดสิบห้าแล้ว

and I bet และก็ พนันกันก็ได้ว่า

I can tell your exact age. ผมสามารถบอกอายุคุณได้ตรงเผงเลย

My method never fails. วิธีพิสูจน์ของผมไม่เคยพลาดเลยแม้แต่ครั้งเดียว

All you have to do is เพียงแค่คุณยอม

let me อนุญาตให้ผม

put my hand เอามือล้วง

up your skirt. เข้าไปในกระโปรงคุณ

If I get your age wrong, ถ้าผมบอกอายุคุณผิด

I will pay you $500." ผมจะจ่ายเงินให้คุณ 500 เหรียญเลย
Betty was sceptical
เบ๊ตตี้ รู้สึกสงสัย

but seeing แต่ว่ามองไปรอบๆ

that no-one ไม่เห็นมีใคร

was around, อยู่แถวนั้น

she let หล่อนก็อนุญาต

the old man ให้ตาแก่

stick his hand เอามือล้วง

up her skirt. เข้าไปในกระโปรง
After a long feel,
หลังจากลูบคลําอยู่พักใหญ่

he removed his hand, ก็ดึงมือออกมา

sniffed it ดมมัน

 

and nodded sagely. แล้วก็พยักหน้าทําท่าเหมือนปรมาจารย์

"Yep, ใช่แล้ว

you are 47 years old." คุณอายุ 47 ปีเผงเลย
Betty
was astounded.เบ๊ตตี้ งงเต๊ก

"How do you know that?" ลุงรู้ได้ไง
The old man said,
ตาแก่บอกว่า

"I was standing in line ผมยืนเข้าแถว

behind you ข้างหลังคุณ

at Macca’s!" ที่เม๊กกะ

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment