Thursday 25 December 2014

งานดี


Ballsy worker
A war veteran named Bob goes to the council to apply for a roadwork job. The interview goes well, and he’s hired.
“Before you start work tomorrow, I need to ask a few questions,” says his new boss. “Are you generally fit and healthy?”
“Oh yes, 100%,” Bob replies.
“Excellent. Any disabilities?”
“Actually, I have,” Bob sighs. “While in the army, a landmine exploded near me and blew off my testicles.”
The boss thinks about this and says, “I see. Normal hours are 8am to 4pm, but you’ll be starting at lOam every day.”

“Why do I need to start later’?” Bob asks. “Having no testicles doesn’t affect my ability to do physical work!”
“I’m sure of that, but this is a council job. For the first two hours we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point you coming in for that!”

……………………………………………..


Ballsy worker….. ballsy
แปลว่าลูกกลมๆเหมือนฟุตบอล ในที่นี้หมายถึงลูกอันทะ ถ้าแปลประโยคนี้ ก็คือ คนงานลูกอันทะ มาดูซิว่ามันหมายถึงอะไร
A war veteran
ทหารผ่านศึกคนหนึ่ง

named Bob ชื่อว่านายบ๊อบ

goes to the council ไปที่เทศบาล

to apply ไปสมัคร

for a roadwork job. งานซ่อมถนน

 The interview goes well, สอบสัมภาษณ์ ผ่านไปได้ด้วยดี

 and he’s hired. และก็ได้รับเข้าทำงาน
“Before
ก่อน

you start work ที่คุณจะเริ่มงาน

tomorrow, พรุ่งนี้

 I need to ask a few questions,” ผมต้องถามคุณอีกนิดหน่อย

says his new boss. หัวหน้างานบอก

 “Are you generally โดยทั่วๆไปคุณ

fit and healthy?” แข๊งแรงและก็ สุขภาพดีใช่มั๊ย
“Oh yes, 100%,”
อ๋อ แน่นอนร้อยเปอร์เซ็นต์

Bob replies. บ๊อบตอบ
“Excellent.
เยี่ยม

Any disabilities?” มีอะไรที่มันพิกลพิการบ้างมั๊ย
“Actually, I have,”
ว่ากันจริงๆแล้ว ผมก็มีนะครับ

 Bob sighs. บ๊อบถอนหายใจ

 “While in the army, ตอนเป็นทหาร

 a landmine exploded กับระเบิดมันระเบิด

near me ใกล้ๆผม

 and blew off my testicles.” แล้วก็ระเบิดลูกกระโปรกผมขาดกระเด็นไป
The boss
หัวหน้างาน

thinks about this คิดถึงเรื่องนี้ครู่หนึ่ง

and says, แล้วก็พูดว่า

 “I see. เอาละผมเข้าใจแล้ว

Normal hours เวลาทำงานตามปกติ

are 8am to 4pm, ตั้งแต่ แปดโมงเช้าถึงสี่โมงเย็น

but you’ll be starting แต่ว่าคุณจะต้องเริ่มทำงาน

at lOam every day.” ประมาณสิบโมงเช้าของทุกวัน

“Why do I need ทำใมผมถึงต้อง

to start later’?” เริ่มงานสาย

Bob asks. บีอบถาม

 “Having no testicles ไม่มีลูกอันทะ

doesn’t affect ไม่ได้มีผลอะไร

my ability กับความสามารถของผม

to do physical work!” ในการทํางานใช้กำลัง ( งานกรรมกร)
“I’m sure of that,
  ผมก็คิดแบบนั้นเหมือนคุณ

 but this is a council job. แต่ว่างานนี้มันเป็นงานเทศบาล ( งานราชการ)

For the first two hours สองชั่วโมงแรก

we just stand around เราก็แค่โต๋เต๋ไปมา ( stand around แปลว่ายืนอู้ )

drinking coffee  กินกาแฟ

and scratching our balls. แล้วก็เกากระโปรก

No point ไม่มีประโยชน์อะไร ( no point โนพ๊อยน์ = no use  โนยู๊ส   )

you coming in ที่คุณจะเข้ามา

 for that!” ตอนนั้น

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment