Saturday 2 June 2018

Barking mad


A bloke was driving
around when he saw
a sign outside a house that read, TALKING
DOG FOR SALE $10.
He knocked on the door and the owner ushered him through to the backyard to have a chat with the mutt.
“So what’s your story?” the bloke asked.
“I discovered I could talk when I was young.” said the dog. “I wanted to do
something for my country, so I joined ASIO. They used to leave me sitting in rooms with world leaders and terrorist suspects and I’d eavesdrop and find out secrets. But all the overseas travelling got a bit much, so I got a job at Sydney airport working undercover, trotting behind suspicious characters and learning what they were up to. I busted some drug rings, so the PM awarded me the Order Of Australia. I’ve now retired, so I’m chilling and writing my autobiography.”
The bloke was amazed and went back inside to talk to the dog’s owner.
“Your dog’s incredible. I can’t understand why you’re selling him so cheap.”
“It’s because he’s a liar,” said the owner. He never did half of what he told you about.”
.......................................................................................

Barking mad บารคกิ๊งแม๊ด แปลว่าเห่าอย่างบ้าคลั่ง
A bloke ไอ้หนุ่มคนหนึ่ง
was driving around กำลังขับรถไปเรื่อยเปื่อย
when he saw ในตอนนั้นก็เห็น
a sign
ป้ายอันหนึ่ง
outside a house ติดไว้ที่หน้าบ้าน
 that read, มีข้อความว่า
TALKING DOG หมาพูดได้
FOR SALE $10. ขายในราคาสิบเหรียญดอลล่า
He knocked on the door เขาก็เคาะประตูบ้าน
and the owner แล้วก็มีเจ้าของบ้าน
ushered him มาพาเขาไป
 through เดินผ่านเข้าไป
 to the backyard ทะลุไปถึงสนามหญ้าหลังบ้าน
to have a chat เพื่อที่จะไปคุย
with the mutt. กับหมาตัวนั้น
(mutt มั๊ต แปลว่าหมาลูกผสมไม่รู้ว่าพันธ์อะไร ถ้าเป็นคนก็แปลว่าไอ้งั่งหรือไอ้ติงต๊อง )
“So what’s your story?”
เอาละเรื่องของมึงนี่มันไปยังไงมายังไง
 the bloke asked. ไอ้หนุ่มถาม
“I discovered
ผมมารู้ตัวว่า
 I could talk ผมสามารถพูดได้
when I was young.” อีตอนที่ผมยังเล็กๆ
 said the dog. หมาบอก
 “I wanted to do something ผมอยากจะทำอะไร
for my country,
ให้ประเทศชาติของผม
so ด้วยเหตุนี้
I joined ASIO. ผมจึงสมัครเข้าหน่วยสืบราชการลับ
( ASIO ย่อมาจาก  Australian Security Intelligence Organisation) 
They used to พวกเขามักจะ
 leave me ปล่อยให้ชั้น
 sitting in rooms นั่งในห้อง
with กับ
world leaders ผู้นำระดับโลก
and และก็
 terrorist suspects พวกที่ต้องสงสัยว่าเป็นผู้ก่อการร้าย
 and I’d eavesdrop และผมก็ได้แอบฟัง
(eavesdrop อี๊ฟดร้อบ แปลว่า ลอบฟัง)
and find out secrets. แล้วก็ได้รับรู้ความลับทั้งหลายแหล่
 But แต่ว่า
all the overseas travelling การเดินทางต่างประเทศ
 got a bit much, ทำให้ผมเบื่อหน่าย
 so ด้วยเหตุนี้
I got a job ผมจึงไปได้งาน
 at Sydney airport ที่สนามบินเมืองซิ๊ดนี่ย์
working undercover, ทำงานเป็นนักสืบ
 trotting behind เดินตามตูด
suspicious characters คนที่มีลักษณะน่าสงสัย
 and learning และสังเกตุว่า
what they were up to. พวกมันต้องการทำอะไร
 I busted some drug rings, ผมจับเครือข่ายยาเสพยติดได้
so ด้วยเหตุนี้
the PM ท่านนายกรัฐมนตรี
awarded me ให้รางวัลผม
 the Order Of Australia. เป็นผู้ทำคุณประโยชน์ให้ประเทศออสเตรเลีย
 I’ve now retired, ตอนนี้ผมเกษียนแล้ว
 so ด้วยเหตุนี้
I’m chilling ผมก็เลยอยู่แบบสบายๆ
and และก็
writing my autobiography.” เขียนประวัติชีวิตของตัวเอง
The bloke
หนุ่มคนนั้น
was amazed  รู้สึกประทับใจ
and แล้วก็
went back inside กลับเข้าไปในบ้าน
to talk to เพื่อที่จะไปพูดกับ
the dog’s owner. เจ้าของหมา
“Your dog’s incredible.
หมาของคุณยอดเยี่ยมมาก
I can’t understand ผมไม่เข้าใจว่า
 why ทำใม
you’re selling him คุณถึงขายมัน
 so cheap.” ถูกเหลือเกิน
“It’s because
มันเป็นเพราะว่า
 he’s a liar,” มันชอบโกหก
said the owner. เจ้าของบอก
He never did มันไม่เคยทำได้
 half ครึ่งนึง
of what ของเรื่องอะไร
he told you about.” ที่มันเล่าให้ฟังคุณเลย

.......................................................................................



No comments:

Post a Comment